Get your skip hire quote
Skip Hire FAQ’s
- How long have you been in the skip hire industry? We’ve been in the skip hire business for a whoping 25 years.
- Where do you offer skip hire services? Our skip hire services cover the WHOLE of the UK!
- What security/safety/certification do I required to hire a skip? You will require a skip license if you are planning on leaving the skip on a road and not your own property.
- Do I need to pay for a skip license? In most areas, Skips Ahoy will obtain the license on your behalf. Charges will vary depending on your region.
- Can you help me to decide what size skip to hire? Absolutely, contact Skips Ahoy and we’ll be happy to help.
- How long will it take for you to reply to my skip hire enquiry? During office hours Skips Ahoy will respond within the hour. Outside office hours your enquiries will still be checked regularly.
- How long will it take for my skip to arrive? Next day skip deliveries and same day skip deliveries possible. Delivery and collection of your skip on the same day possible. The earlier you book the easier it is to arrange.
- When will my skip be collected? We are very flexible and would usually ask you to get in touch when you are ready.
- What preparation do I need to make for my skip? You will need to make sure there is enough clear, level space and good access.
- What access do I need for my skip? Skips come on a range of different size vehicles the most common being 18 tonne trucks which normally carry skips 6 yards and above. These trucks are almost 9 feet wide although it’s possible for them to reverse up to the entrance of your drive and lift the skip just inside the property if the entrance is too narrow.
- How do I pay for your skip hire services? Do you take credit cards? We take payment by card or bank transfer on booking.
- What can I put in a skip? General domestic waste, general builders waste, green and garden waste, bricks, soil, plastic, wood, metal, paper and cardboard.
- What can’t I put in a skip? Asbestos, fridges, freezers, batteries, TV’s and monitors, plasterboard, tyres, clinical waste, paint tins, toxic materials, liquids, oils, aerosols and compressed gas canisters. You as the customer are legally responsible for what goes into your skip, so if you are unsure please just ask.
- What do you do with the stuff in my skip? All skips are taken to registered waste transfer stations where everything is sorted and around 90% recycled.
- Do you provide skip hire services for commercial customers? Yes no problem at all and we will also provide copies of waste transfer notes when requested.
- What is the most random place you have ever been asked to deliver a skip? We once delivered a skip to a Ferrari dealership who bought a new garden shed and erected it around the skip just to hide it for David Beckhams visit. (apparently)